- Day 1: Arrival – Luang Prabang (None)
- Day 2: Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Caves – Kuangsi Waterfall (B)
- Day 3: Luang Prabang – Xieng Khoang "By road” (B)
- Day 4: Xieng Khoang – Plain of Jars (B)
- Day 5: Xieng Khoang – Vang Vieng "By overland” (B)
- Day 6: Vang Vieng – Vientiane "by road” (B)
- Day 7: Vientiane – Departure (B)
Arrival – Luang Prabang (None)Day 1
Arrive in Luang Prabang, transfer to your hotel for check-in. First discovery of this unique UNESCO heritage town if time allows, by car and by foot. Visit Vat Xieng Thong, the most beautiful temple of Luang Prabang dating back from the 16th Century. Visit Vat Vixoune influenced by Thai- Lu architecture and That Makmo, the watermelon shaped stupa. Climb up to Phousi Hill for sunset. Enjoy the unique view over the city and its surroundings. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Luang Prabang – Pak Ou Caves – Kuangsi Waterfall (B)Day 2
Visit of the Royal Palace Museum housing the most important treasures of Laos’ recent past. Walk to the local pier of Luang Prabang behind the Museum to embark at the local pier of Luang Prabang on a traditional boat and go upstream on the Mekong River to visit the sacred Buddha caves. On the way stop at Thin Hong, a picturesque village and get a glimpse of daily life. Visit Tham Ting and Tham Phoum caves housing hundreds of Buddha statues. Back to the city at noon. Excursion by car to Kuangsi waterfall (30 kms). On the way, visit a Hmong village at Ban Na Ouane and a Khmou village at Ban Tha pen. Enjoy the beautiful scenery, swimming or relax nearby the clear pools of the tiered limestone formations. Overnight in Luang Prabang.
Luang Prabang – Xieng Khoang "By road” (B)Day 3
Leave Luang Prabang along the mountainous road with beautiful panorama views. Along the road you will see mainly Khmu and Hmong villages. After a first long ascent stop at Kiukhacham for a refreshment
Lunch stop at Phoukhoun, the junction of Route 13 and Route 7, connecting Luang Prabang, Vientiane and Phonsavan. You will pass many large Hmong villages built along high crests. Eventually, the mountains give way to small hills. Arrive on the Plateau of Xieng Khuang, where bomb craters still scar the barren landscape, stop at Nong Tang lake where local villagers fish. Arrive in Phonesavan and transfer to your hotel for check in. Overnight in Xieng Khoang.
Xieng Khoang – Plain of Jars (B)Day 4
Start your visit of the Plain of Jars with monolithic site no. 2 located on two hill tops. Continue to site no. 3 located amidst rice fields. Drive on to Muang Khoun, the ancient Tai Phouan Capital destroyed during the second Indochina war. The ruins of Vat Piavat and That Foun are the only remaining of a significant past
Return to Phonsavan passing numerous large Hmong settlements. Arrive at Jar site no. 1 featuring the greatest number of jars and the largest monoliths in size. Overnight in Xieng Khoang.
Xieng Khoang – Vang Vieng "By overland” (B)Day 5
Leave Phonesavan for Vang Vieng by road. Enjoy the vista of deep valleys and the Hmong villages along the ridges. Make a stop at Phatang (17 km north of Vang Vieng). From the village temple you will get an outstanding view over the mountains
In the afternoon arrive at Vang Vieng famous for its beautiful landscape and limestone karsts. Visit Tham Chang cave with its stunning view over the valley before transfer to your hotel for check in. Overnight in Vang Vieng.
Vang Vieng – Vientiane "by road” (B)Day 6
Drive to Vientiane; leave the karstic mountains for the rich plain of the Mekong. Arrive in the capital for your lunch time
Afternoon visit Vientiane, the capital of Laos: Vat Sisaket, the oldest monastery in Vientiane, built in 1818, and then nearby Ho Prakeo, the former Royal temple, now a Museum of Buddhist art and sculpture. Proceed to That Luang Stupa, the most revered shrine in Laos and pass by Patouxay (the Arc of Triumph). Take a walk along the Mekong River at sunset. Overnight in Vientiane.
|Cities||First Class (3*)||Superior Class (4*)||Deluxe Class (5*)|
|Luang Prabang||Parasol Blanc hotel (Classic)||Villa Maly Boutique (Superior)||Luang Say Residence (Pioneer Suite)|
|Xieng Khoang||Vanasa hotel (Standard)||Vanasa hotel (Standard)||Vanasa hotel (Standard)|
|Vang Vieng||Elephant Crossing (Deluxe)||Silver Nagas (Deluxe River View)||The Riverside Boutique (Deluxe)|
|Vientiane||Lao Orchid (Deluxe)||Ansara Boutique (Savvy)||Crown Plaza (Mekong Deluxe)|
Included in the price:
- 06 nights' shared Accommodation in twin/double room with daily breakfast at the below indicated room types (see hotel category list below) (check in and check out around noontime)
- All transfers and transportation with air-con vehicles (types of vehicles depending on the number of pax)
- Local ENGLISH speaking guides:
- Vientiane: 01 guide
- Khong: 01 guide
- Pakse: 01 guide
- All entrance fees as program
- Traditional boat fare from Pakse to Champasak
- Meals (B/L/D) (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner) as indicated in the program
- 02 bottles of mineral water and towels per person per day on bus on days of transfer and sightseeing only
Excluded in the price:
- Airfares (international and domestic)
- Meals (other than mentioned in the program)
- Visas to laos
- Mineral water beyond that supplied
- Early check in or late check out
- Optional excursions and activities
- Additional transfer required due to any emergency situation
- Items of a personal nature (Phone calls, laundry, beverages…)
- Peak season surcharges if any
- All not mentioned above
- For air ticket reservations, we require the guests’ full names AS THEY APPEAR IN THEIR PASSPORTS. Airfares and reservations are always subject to change until paid in full and ticketed.
- Airfares are subject to increase without prior notice.
- Please be advised that prices will be adjusted periodically in case of fuel price increase by our suppliers.
- This is a quotation only and neither reservations for services nor hotel bookings have been made.